Review Isometric & P&ID drawings, and job specifications to determine work requirements. Prepare material for welding, cutting or fabrication. Fabricate and modify piping systems and process equipment, and draft or redline drawings as needed. Field verification of piping & structural systems. Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications. Cuts pipe, using saws, pipe cutter, hammer, and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine. Prepares pipe ends according to welding procedure and welder preference. Threads pipe, using pipe threading machine. Bends pipe, using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine. Assembles and installs a variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and plastic. Connects pipes, using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools. Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools.
Industrial Pipe Fitter Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints and P&ID’s.
- Work with various types of pipe and fittings
- complying with relevant codes and regulatory standards.
- Repairing and maintaining pipe systems, supports, and related equipment.
- Set and modify specifications.
- Securing pipes to walls and fixtures with brackets, clamps, and welding equipment.
- Inspect and prepare sites for construction operations.
- Accurately measure, cut, and assemble pipes to specification by following piping diagrams.
- Using a variety of tools to modify pipes to specifications.
- Communicating with the production team and maintaining a clean work area.
Industrial Pipe Fitter Requirements:
- Previous work experience as an Industrial Pipe Fitter (preferred)
- Familiarity with OSHA and MSHA safety standards and regulations.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy equipment.
- Good time-management skills.
- Contact Manpower Hotline 801-746-1533 or apply at www.brahmagroupinc.com/field