Maintains project schedules from inception through completion, supports and provides project management team with regular progress reports and updates.
• Works directly with the project management team as a team member for the purpose of scheduling and other various project engineering assignments.
• Implements and coordinates the input from project team and other stakeholders.
• Creates work plans and 3 week look ahead schedules for the project.
• Updates schedules on a regular basis; at times daily or weekly depending on complexity of project.
• Responsible for properly documenting impacts to schedule.
• Ability to clearly communicate in realized or potential impacts to project management team.
• Generates and maintains all documentation and reports as required by assigned contracts.
• Responsible to keep minutes for all schedule related meetings as well as maintains detailed log of issues with follow up dates.
• Ability to discern best technical practices for the industry as well as comply with Company expectations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• A minimum of B.S or B.A degree in Construction Management or industry appropriate equivalent is required.
• Min. 3 years working experience in the industry; min. 2 years as Full-Time Scheduler.
• Preferred earned value management experience.
• Experience/knowledge of the industrial construction industry, preferred.
• Proficient knowledge or Primavera P6 version 8.3 or higher is required.
• Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Projects, preferred.
• Proficient use of MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients and others as required for the job.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage complex projects with multiple work phases.
• Some amount of travel may be required in this position.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Ability to function in a team environment.
• Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
• Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, calculator, etc.) for extended periods of time.
• Ability to hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
• Frequently required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, and reach with hands and arms.
• May need to ascend and descend stairs or scaffolding when visiting jobsites.
• Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment
• The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions
The above job description describes the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.