Obtains projects through the estimating and proposal process. Provides complete and accurate estimates for each assignment according to the company’s estimating procedures.
• Assist the Estimating Manager in reviewing plans and specifications.
• Accurately performs quantity survey and quantity take-off for all scopes of critical sub trades (i.e. piping, mechanical and steel).
• Compute cost factors and prepares estimates, organize and schedule work; selecting potential Vendors and Subcontractors; and determines cost effectiveness.
• Sets up summary sheet and review with Estimating Manager and Project Management team.
• Participates in bid reviews and is responsible for bid documents being submitted.
• Maintains subcontractor relationships and may assist in managing vendor database.
• Turns over a complete project to the PM team (i.e. all buyout complete or work with the PM team to complete).
• Provides support to PM team on pricing change orders when the value of the change order warrants the Estimating departments assistance.
• Attend business development, estimating and pre-bid meetings.
• Visits project sites for evaluation of construction means and methods.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• 10+ years’ experience as a project estimator or equivalent position.
• Proven track record of leadership/mentoring role
• Post-secondary education in construction management or engineering, preferred.
• Experience/knowledge of industrial construction industry, preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
• Position requires some domestic travel.
• Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Ability to function in a team environment.
• Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
• Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, calculator, etc.) for extended periods of time.
• Ability to hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
• Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing, walking, driving, stooping, climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching and handling.
• The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions
The above job description describes the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for