Construction Financial Analyst
Analyzes project financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying job costing data for projects in excess of $250k; recommending action.
• Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
• Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
• Analyses financial results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
• Assist project managers in activities concerned with the reporting and control of the construction process; contract amounts, work orders, change orders.
• Developing and managing the information systems for monitoring project progress and controlling the reporting systems.
• Establishing a system of internal controls and the system of financial reporting.
• Follow procedure established by the organization to evaluate project results regarding schedule, costs, client relationships, quality, activities and other performance.
• Interacts with the project manager and/or construction manager for managing objectives, goals and performance as well as working with the estimating department.
• Prepares construction budget tracking reports to show cost to date vs. original budget.
• Works with accounting department to provide them with the necessary invoices to ensure funding is in place so that vendors are paid in a timely manner.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• A minimum of B.S. or B.A. degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Construction Management, Project Management or Engineering. Experience in the performance of the key responsibilities listed will be considered.
• Experience/knowledge of the industrial construction industry, preferred.
• Experience in the use of Primavera and Timberline is helpful.
• Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of project controls principles relating to budgeting, scheduling, tracking of actual/committed costs, change control and forecasting, and financial principles.
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Access and developing pivot tables and macros in Microsoft Excel is preferred.
• Proficient use of MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients and others as required for the job.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage complex projects with multiple work phases.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Ability to function and work independently.
• Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
• Occasional travel for work may be required.
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
• Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, calculator, etc.) for extended periods of time.
• Ability to hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
• The employee is frequently required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
• The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
The above job description describes the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.